Thursday, January 19, 2012

A-WAAAAKE, my soul

I fell in love with a guy named William my senior year of college.  Yes, that was the same time I began dating Clint, and I've never told him about this infatuation I had.  He was in one of my classes twice a week and the words he spoke were like none I'd ever heard.

And then this morning I heard about him again -- about his works and his passion -- and was loving it so much I almost ran off my treadmill into Al Roker's face on the TV.  His words were in the songs sung by Mumford and Sons on my IPod . . . and it was truly magical.

I get very nerd-excited when I recognize wonderful literature alluded to in modern songs -- especially when the band is so bad-ass.  And I love that some of the "Sigh No More" lyrics are from one of my faves Much Ado About Nothing. It's a really cool story about Benedick and Beatrice, who crush on each other but will not let the other know out of pride.  Their friends trick them into confessing their love for each other, and they put an end to Benedick as a self-proclaimed bachelor.  In defense of himself, Benedick says, "Man is a giddy thing."  How true is that line?  Isn't that what keeps women's magazines running?  We can't seem to figure them out.

Anyway, it is a frosty 12 degrees outside, and I'm so glad this music energized me enough to jog a little this morning.  Without realizing it I had turned up the speed on the treadmill to keep up with the beat, and had jogged a couple of miles in no time.  I promise I didn't raise my arms or sing out loud.  But I wanted to.

So add these to your workout playlist:
"Roll Away Your Stone"
"Awake My Soul"
"Little Lion Man"
"The Cave"
and for cooling down "Hold on to What You Believe"

Or just sit on your couch and blast it through the speakers.  It may even make you dance. :)

1 comment:

Katie P said...

Awake my soul, little lion man and the cave are 3 of my faves. You have great taste in music!