Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snow Day!!

I NEVER imagined that when we left all the snow and cold temps behind in Chi-town that they would follow us to Tennessee for Christmas. Never in a million years. But I'm so glad they did.One thing that we are lacking in Chicago is good sledding hills. We can ice skate and build gigantic snowmen, but there's nowhere in the city that we can hurl our bodies down hills on plastic sleds . . . but my sister's neighborhood in Nashville is a sledder's dream. So the whole family bundled up -- just check out my crazy dad on the left. Of course my family should have the best snow gear, but I left it all at home. Thank goodness Target had one pair of snow boots in Mimi's size.
Super-sledding champion Nick ready to hit the slopes again.
Of course my sister would have some kind of designer furriness. I'm sure she even had on make-up and hairspray. Geez.

But I loves her, anyway!

Awwwww, Bubby loves the snow . . . and his daddy. He could have hung out in it all day. Sweet, fat little monkey. And luckily I did bring his itsy bitsy gloves and fuzzy dinosaur get-up.
Poppaw finally warmed up a little and was a fantastic sport about it all. He even sledded a few times . . . after making sure there were no children on the hill that he couldn't crash into. By the way, Mimi loved sledding, and she even went down the super-long hill all by herself a few times!

Posing, of course.

The next cover of Cool Sledders magazine . . . just don't tell Clint there's no such thing.

And the million dollar shot -- Bebe loved sledding! Who would have ever known? She's a bit more of a daredevil than most people would ever imagine. Try to picture her barefoot skiing while climbing on a guy's shoulders . . . because she once did that sort of thing.

No comments: