Sunday, January 9, 2011

BFFs


Even though we've changed and we're finding our own place in the world, we know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not still friends.
Not sure who wrote that, but I like it. And some introductions are in order -- these are my bff's from college, Amery and Jordan . . . along with some little cutie-pies, too. I say from college, but the older I get, the more I love them.

We lived together our last year of college -- that crucial year when students need to find a way to have their last hurrah while finishing their final classes and growing up and moving on. We went through boyfriends - some good, some not-so-good -- and break-ups. I think we even shared a few boys :). Through parties and football games and hangovers and exams and then graduation. Then we packed up our stuff and moved hours away from each other.

But we've always only been apart in miles, and that's why I love these girls. I love that we can call each other up at any time and cry and laugh and bitch and whine. And even if we don't talk for weeks it doesn't matter. Because we know eventually we must talk and find time, and, let's face it, we're pretending to be grown-ups with all our jobs and husbands and babies so life gets a little hectic.

We try our best to get together at Christmas every year, and I'm so happy we were able to do so this year. I dreamed of the day our babies would play together -- even though they just looked at each other -- but it was still amazing.

And Mimi thought she was too cool for the babies, so she escaped to the kitchen to color by herself. Silly girl.

No comments: