Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sick Day

Tonight I've finally made the time to download some photos and look through them . . .

. . . and I found this pitiful little thing.

A couple of nights before Halloween we woke up to Mimi crying, and when Clint checked on her he found quite a mess and a very sad little girl. When I walked in she said, "Mommy, I burp. I sorry." Well, I guess having a stomach bug is like having some big burps, but there was nothing for this little sweet thing to be sorry about. So we cleaned her up and stuck her in bed with us -- where she proceeded to sit up and laugh and talk and do absolutely nothing that a sick child should do. The next morning she was still weak and not feeling well, so she just hung out in our room to watch cartoons. And snooze a lot . . .
Clint and I felt so sorry for her, but in a very strange way I really enjoyed this day. She was so sweet and snuggly and really, really needed us. We were able to baby her and hold her, which I don't get to do too often. Luckily we had just gotten some fun Halloween books in the mail from my sister that day to keep her occupied. I think the silly Grover book made her feel a little better.

No comments: