Sunday, October 10, 2010

Alright, Mommas . . .

. . . lock up your daughters because here comes Mack Darby. WMD -- Wilson McLain Darby or "Weapon of Mass Destruction," as we like to say around here. But he sure is a handsome little thing.

Clint's father bought this sweet little outfit for Clint when he was a newborn, and his mother gave it to us a couple of months ago. I couldn't wait to put it on him.
Another sweet, sweet little outfit of Clint's . . . how can you not be in love?

But enough is enough. Sorry, little buddy. I am totally in love with this little guy. He's putting on a little weight which makes him easier to squeeze. Whenever he's crying, all I have to do is start talking to him or pick him up and suddenly he melts . . . and so do I. And I can't stop kissing him when I'm holding him. I see the little boys at the park who don't want their mothers hugging and kissing on them, so, you see, I have to do it now. And he doesn't mind right now.

He has spent the majority of the past few nights sleeping on my chest, and do I mind? No way. I wish Mimi would still do that. I know he's supposed to be all swaddled up in his bassinet and it's a big safety no-no for him to sleep on his stomach, but when he's so content and snuggly there's no way I'm putting him down.

Clint and I have a few little nicknames for him -- Mackaroni, Mack and Cheese, Little Buddy, and Bubby. Bubby is my fave. It's half Baby and half Buddy.

I do feel like he'll be my little buddy, and we're beginning to think Mimi does, too. We're a little surprised that she has never given him any negative attention. Until recently she only noticed him a couple of times a day. She might tell me, "Mommy, baby's crying," or point out something that might be his like his carseat. Other than that this was still Mimi's world and everyone else was just taking up space. Over the past couple of days she has actually hung out with him on his play mat, pushed him in his swing (which has gotten a little rough at times), and has leaned over to kiss him or rub his feet or head. She likes to count his toes and point out his body parts like eyes, ears, chin, etc. This is what she was doing in this photo, but I have to be careful that she's not poking anything too hard. I keep telling her he is her baby and they will be best friends. Maybe she'll believe me.

No comments: