Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So what am I supposed to do now?

Things have been just a little sad around the Darby house this morning . . . our Bebe has left us.After two weeks of helping wash dishes and clothes and clean bathrooms . . . and changing diapers and giving baths and reading books before bed . . . and consoling Mimi when she "bumped da head," Poppaw arrived to take Bebe home to Mississippi. Mimi was not happy with this and seemed to know what was happening even when Poppaw arrived a couple of days ago. Everytime he asked her to sit by him or to hug him or to let him take her to the park, she immediately shook her blond, fuzzy head and said, "No, no, Poppaw." She didn't want him to take her friend away. And, well, I didn't either, but I have to figure out this thing on my own. I guess the sooner the better.
So this is what we're doing now: And it seems to be working so far.
I know before long if I don't figure out something else to do Mimi will turn into this:So I have the play mat ready for Mack so he can do this:And I guess if things are really bad I can pull out the super-duper Princess coloring/sticker/water color set (thank you, Causey) . . . even though I find crayon on every window and cushion that Mimi can reach when I'm not looking. I'll make it somehow . . . people do it every day . . . but I do miss my Momma. Sigh . . .
To end on a not-so-depressing note, here is Mack at two weeks old with his friend, Blue. Not the best photo since I didn't remember to take it until late at night when the lighting was awful. I don't know if you can tell or not, but he's getting fatter (and I'm so happy about this!). He has a nice little fat roll forming under his chin and his belly is filling out . . . but those skinny feet and legs are still the same. Oh, and he totally has Clint's eyes. I noticed this last night when he was very alert and staring at me. The big eyes that are so unlike mine. So glad he might look like his handsome Daddy :).

No comments: