Monday, September 27, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

While my sweet baby boy is changing and growing on a daily basis, our computer charger decided to call it quits. Ugh. To all my family and friends who expect me to update every few days, I know I have let you down. So sorry, but now we are up and running again! BUT, I really don't have the time it takes to make quality blog posts since it is 10:30 on Monday night and we are leaving for Memphis bright and early Wednesday morning . . . and in between now and then I must do laundry, get the oil changed, pack, and finish the JonJon (the first I've ever made!) for Baby Banks, as Mimi calls him. Alert to Mimi: Banks is probably bigger than you are. Maybe we should drop the "Baby" part. And it doesn't help that this morning I decided to accidentally sew the lining to the wrong side of the fabric. Ugh again. No need to worry though. The seams have been ripped and I should have it finished in time. Well, maybe. But I digress. On to what you really want -- the photos.

So these were all taken around the second week of September, but I must post them so we can all see the changes -- and my goodness how he has changed. Fatty, fatty is all I can say, but we'll get to that in a post that I'll hopefully get to tonight or tomorrow. Even though I know you'll probably read them all at the same time, but whatever.
Awwwww. Don't you love? Such a pretty little thing. I have been sta--ruggling to find ways to entertain Mimi. Most other stay-at-home Moms would roll their eyes at the things I do or rather don't do during the day. I know, I know. You're excusing me and thinking that it's okay because I have a newborn and a two-year-old. Maybe I am hard on myself and I know Mimi won't hold it against me, but I still feel like I am failing miserably. So anyway, one of my attempts to entertain her was to throw a quilt over the dining/sewing/place to put junk table, and voila!! Entertainment for days (at least 2 days!). I couldn't take any photos inside the "tent" because that was our secret fort. Ruthie stood guard on the outside, and I had to knock and be asked by Princess Mimi to enter. So fun.
And this was what Mack did in the meantime.
Playing blocks on the bed with Mack. He was so interested and totally knows all his shapes.
Mack thinks his daddy is sooo cool. He even smiled at him first. Seriously. I mean, I feed him and change most of his diapers and wake up with him in the middle of the night and walk around with spit-up on my shirt. But he smiles at Clint first. Geez.

No comments: