Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Just Couldn't Wait!!

Yesterday we made the grueling trip to Santa Rosa with my parents and a teething toddler, but, oh my goodness, it was so worth it. We headed to the beach first thing this morning, and by looking at the photos one would never know what a scaredy cat Miss Mimi was. She didn't want any part of her body to touch the sand, so she sat on the quilt and whined for a while. Her friend Emerson, the mature one, was already an expert digger and just made Mimi look like a big sissy. It only took about 20 minutes and lots of baby steps and holding hands to finally get Prissy to turn into a complete beach-lover. Here she is with Em and their new buddy Asher. Note how cool Em is in her sunglasses. By the way, I am now the proud owner of a new camera but have no idea what I'm doing. Even worse, my dad really has no idea and took this super-bright photo of us. Well, at least he didn't cut off half of us like he did in some others.

The new cover of Toddler Vogue, the beach edition.
Classic. Mimi stealing Cheetos. Geez.Mimi also stole my corn tonight, gnawed on it a while, and then threw it on the floor so she could have both hands free to dance in her high chair at dinner.
Before we left for the beach, we spent the night with my parents in Corinth. Well, they don't actually live in the big city of Corinth but out in "Kendrick" (Dad is very proud of this). As much as I love living in the middle of Memphis, I am so grateful that my parents live in the middle of nowhere. It was so nice to have a yard for playing ball, a lake for fishing, and horses to care for when I was growing up. Dad has always loved having the grandkids visit so he can show them his garden and let them sit on the old bright blue tractor, so I had to snap a shot of Mimi being a farmer. She's pointing at a huge windmill in the backyard that was spinning like crazy.
And don't you worry, I'll probably have more photos tomorrow!

1 comment:

Amy S. Norris said...

yay for the beach and yay for a new camera! what did you end up getting? i took a class last night on how to use all the settings on mine and i think i know just enough to be dangerous now....watch out lou. ha!