Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Our child is a parrot

It's time once again for a "Guess what my child can do!" post where I bring myself up to date on all the new, exciting things Miss Mimi has learned to do. These are very important to me because I never remember to pull out the baby book, and all this is happening so quickly that I can't keep track. So, here we go:
1. Clint has taught Mimi to say "Poo Poo."
Why, yes, I am very proud. While Roulhac's Preschool is doing a fantastic job of teaching her music, art, and her alphabet, Clint is teaching her about her body. Faaan . . .tastic.
2. She is repeating so many fun words. These are just a few of her new favorites:
Doctor, Purple, Green, Blue, Up, Down, Cracker, Hooray, Please, Thank You. She will repeat many words now even though I know no one can understand them but Clint and me.
3. She is learning some animal sounds and woke up one morning ROARING in her crib!
4. She finishes some lines of songs: "EIEIO" in Old McDonald; "Up above the world" in Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star; "Now I Know" in ABC's.
5. She yells out random letters with more enthusiasm than necessary when we pass a sign with big words "A! B! G! E! P! ME! BAY!" Okay, I know some of those aren't letters but she's trying. Occassionally she will fill in the letters when I pause during singing the alphabet. The best is when I get to "W X" and she finishes with "Y Z"
6. She has added even more dance moves. The best ones come out when she hears the theme
song to Curious George! She shakes her booty left and right while also swinging her arms up and down simultaneously.
7. Whenever we pass a mirror she smiles at herself and yells, "HI!" Then she sticks her fingers in her cheeks and tilts her head side to side like she does when she sings "Your face will surely show it"
8. She repeats family members' names when I point to them in pictures. My favorites are "Bop" (Clint's dad is Top), "Bamy" (this is my sister Amy), and "Livvie" (our neice Olivia)


Also, we went to the doctor last week for her 15th month check-up and she is no longer in the 5th percentile -- Little Bit is now in the 25th for height and 50th for weight!! This is GREAT for my baby who only weighed 5 1/2 pounds when she was born! . . . but it sounds like she's too short for her weight . . .


Here she is with her cousins Lainee-Luckett and Anderson in the Grove. They had a blast playing in the leaves and letting Mimi steal their football occassionally.

Mimi was yelling out plays to them . . . or at least that's what it sounded like. She may have been yelling out her alphabet . . .

And I'm seriously considering getting a leash for my child. This is how she stood during the sea lion show the last time we were at the zoo because she wanted to steal another child's toys. Then we spent the rest of the time chasing her . . . she's fast and I'm slow and out of shape!!

No comments: