Sunday, November 9, 2014

Because it's about time . . .

I miss my blog.  

(Insert super sad and whiny face here)

I think about writing a new post at least every day or two but then life happens.

It would be a lie to say life is so difficult and busy because the truth is that there is not a time in my life that was more difficult than the first three years of having two children.  If you have two or more children under the age of four, then I don't care how calm and sweet they are -- your life is difficult.  You're in the trenches of parenthood.  

Hang in there.  Eventually they will all be over the age of four, and you can take a deep breath.  

And that's where Clint and I are right now.  Taking a nice, cleansing breath.  Ahh, now that feels good.

Not that we don't still have our challenges because we most certainly do.  Mimi is really sassy and isn't that interested in homework or cleaning up her insane messes or listening to her parents.  Mack still gets overwhelmed in crowded places and tears up everything and prefers to not use a toilet.  But they like to play alone (and often together), and they like to get their own snacks and find their own TV shows.  Oh, and they are both in school all day, which means I have from 9:30-2:15 to do whatever I want.

Whatever means grocery store, laundry, dog walking, bed making, errand running, changing light bulbs, doing more laundry, putting away said laundry, shopping for school clothes, scrubbing floors, washing dishes, and doing all the basic things that every single parent has to do regardless of whether he or she has from 9:30-2:15 with or without kids or a job.  

So I decided to make things more challenging for myself and accomplish all of the above PLUS work a little.  If you're interested in that, check THIS out.  

As far as the blog goes, I'm going to stop thinking I have to catch up on everything we've done since my last decent post and will just sit down and type whenever I have a second to sit down.  Or I may sew instead . . . hmm . . .

So today was nice and lazy and not too chilly outside . . .









I really like these two.  And they really, really like each other.  



And I think that's all I ever really hoped for in life.  I wanted to marry my best buddy, live in a house with a fireplace, and have two kids close in age who really, really like each other.  I've pretty much accomplished everything on my bucket list.  Show's over.

Daddy's girl.  These two are sweet stuff.  She's silly and unorganized and fly-by-seat-of-her-pants just like her mom.  That's why he loves her.  And that's why they push each other's buttons.  I made a clone of myself with blonde hair.  Oops.


Speaking of blonde hair . . . 

My little boyfriend.  He likes everything in its place and can't sit still and likes to stick to Plan A.  Exactly like his dad.  Which I find adorable and is why I am smitten with him. 


Clint and I just had the last fifteen minutes all to ourselves in the living room.  We sat on the couch together.  He was watching football.  I was piddling on the computer.  Other than occasional happy noises the children have been quietly playing and drawing in the kitchen.  

So maybe we walked in on a big mess and some marker on my white counters . . . but I am in love with our beautiful little messes . . .

No comments: