Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Most Fun

So I've slacked a little more than I thought I would on the blog since I've been staying at home with Mimi and Mack. There are a couple of reasons for that:
1). Two little ones keep me extremely busy and on my toes at all times with their shenanigans and demands. They wake up demanding food and milk and cartoons and diapers changed and bathroom time and the playground and tea parties, and it doesn't stop until I get them in bed at night. High maintenance little boogers.
2). I have been having the most fun.

Absolutely the most fun of my entire life. Well, kindergarten was a lot of fun for me, but other than that I can't possibly think of a better time in my life. This might have been the most difficult year in my life with the addition of a second baby, the move to a new city, going back to work and traveling daily, and the crazy overactive thyroid making me bonkers, but I think the insanity is over. So I am sitting back and letting life happen. And life is a lot of fun right now.

I thank the wazoo out of my hubs for making this possible for me -- so, so grateful that I am able to spend all day with my little ones watching them learn and discover. Now don't think that I lounge on the couch while they quietly play blocks on the floor. Uh-uh, not at all. I can't remember the last time I actually sat on the couch other than to put someone's shoes on. It has gotten easier as they've gotten older but it's definitely not easy. Luckily I'm a fairly patient person and don't mind going with the flow. I have my moments where I just want to walk outside and scream (and if you heard one from my corner recently I'm pleading the 5th), but most of the time I try to remember that they're babies. I can't expect them to understand all their rules or be able to figure things out for themselves.

Although I'm having a lot of fun with these little guys, I still have to force myself to be just a little selfish and do what I like, which over the past couple of days just happened to be going through photos of my children . . . and blogging about them. Obsessed much, Jeri Anne? Anyway, during their naptimes I decided to not do laundry or clean but to go through the hundreds of photos I've taken this summer and put just a few on this random post. So here you go . . .

1). I don't get to sew as much as I'd like to, and part of the reason is that it absolutely can't be done while Mack is awake and even sometimes when Mimi's awake because she likes to pull and poke and push buttons. Occasionally I'll let her play along, and Clint just happened to grab the camera and snap a couple of pics.

2). Morning cartoons.

3). Post-nap Mimi. It's a little punk-rock, don't you think?

4). Mack loves his pacifier. He only gets it at naptime, and sighs with relief when he sees it.


5). There was a time when I questioned my having Mimi and Mack so close together in age. Both in diapers, both needing to sleep in the crib, both fussing and crying to get what they wanted. Ugh, it was a little tough for a few months. And then this happened . . .
. . . and this.

That's right, folks. They actually like to play together now! Hip, hip, hooray!

Kisses:)

If Mimi wakes up from her nap first, she usually asks, "Mommy, where's Macky? Can you wake him up so he can play with me in my room?" Ooh, how I love it. She's fairly gentle with him most the time, but he has been tough when she hasn't. I only try to intervene if they are actually hurting each other, and I'm trying to teach Mimi to give him a toy to play with if she's really attached to whatever she's playing with and isn't in the mood to share. It seems to be working okay.

6). Little sticky-up hair in the back makes him look like a fuzzy baby chick.

7). The kid will eat anything I put in front of him. Absolutely anything.


8). Aagh! Water!!

Maybe it's not so bad . . .

Aw, what the heck.

Little Bub.

9). Could watch the little guy sleep all day. He won't fall asleep in my arms anymore and practically jumps out of them to get into his crib. He loves to sleep (moms with newborns hate me right now). He will sometimes sleep from 6:30 at night to 7:30 in the morning and then take one or two 2-3 hour naps during the day. I'm too cheap for a video monitor, but I think he probably wakes up and plays with whatever stuffed animals I've thrown in his crib for a while before he actually yells for us. We can hear him "talking" to them. But I snuck in and caught him waking up after a nap one day. . .

10). Meemers with her Teddy Bear. I was afraid TB might be on his last leg because his poor little head was coming unraveled, but no need to fear because her Shug sewed him back together . . . and he has a funny little skinny neck now. But Mimi has unconditional love for him.

11). Can you say Clint Darby, Jr?
12). Sweetness, mmmmm, I can't get enough of him. I know it's hard to believe from this photo, but he is a complete bulldozer. The boy was built to destroy everything in sight . . . or to at least try to eat it.

13). Sorry, girls. I'm afraid those blue eyes might break a few hearts.
14). Repunzel in her tower and the prince climbing up to save her . . . all while chomping on her paper crown from Dollar Tree.
15). I love a tutu but adults who try to sport them get put on What Not to Wear. So I'll just let Mimi have them for now. She wore this one in Wiggleworms (a music class) this week and announced that she was a ballerina. Another girl tried to show her up by explaining to Mimi that she was a "Princess with a Ponytail." Mimi said, "Well, okay. But I'm the Ballerina Princess . . . now you wanna play ring around the rosies?"
16). Mack has finally learned how to play basketball. He puts the ball in and music plays and fun lights go off -- isn't that what it's like in the NBA?

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Precious little ones!! Mimi looks like you and mack looks like Clint!!