Friday, June 4, 2010

Beautiful

Ah, it was Lauren photo session time once again. Sweet Lauren has been the Darby family photographer since I asked her to take some candids at our wedding. After seeing her little snapshots of our special day, I placed the "real photographer's" wedding album on the shelf and never opened it again. The professional's were so stiff and planned but Lauren's captured what made our day so special -- she caught everyone when they were really living in the moment and not posing and pretending.

So when little Mimi came along I had no doubt in my mind that I had to force her into making my child look beautiful on film, which she has never had a problem doing. Newton's law always makes sure the weather is rainy or freezing, so our last session was a very chilly day in May . . . and Mimi had double ear infections and was cutting 2 teeth. So we got a little of this . . .

. . . but I really love the fussy ones because that's who Mimi is sometimes.


He he he . . .

I wanted to share some purplelicious with you today. Since I planted the hydrangeas I have been so afraid to cut them and bring them inside. This seems silly since it was the entire reason I planted them in the first place, but they look soooo pretty on the bushes. I finally bit the bullet and chop, chop, chop . . . and I couldn't be happier.


2 comments:

Kyle and Matt Still said...

LOVE the new pics...

Lauren said...

Thanks Jeri Anne! You give me way too much credit! Love taking pictures of/for my friends!!!