Saturday, March 27, 2010

Refreshed . . .

I love tulip trees and cherry trees and pear trees and buttercups . . . and sunny days that are just warm enough that I can wear flip flops . . . and taking my child to the playground and strolling through the neighborhood . . . the zoo and eating outside at El Porton. Ahhhhh . . . Spring is making me feel like a newer, happier version of myself. Although it will be a hellacious August when I am 9 months pregnant, right now I love that I'm in the middle of my second trimester during the most beautiful time of year. I have lots of energy and the weather only makes that better :)
I also love bright Spring colors and that I can stop wearing my Winter uniform of black and gray -- and I love seeing Miss Mimi in bright Spring colors. There is nothing better than her little chubby legs in bloomers or seeing her little pink toes peek out under ruffle pants. With that being said, this is what I've been up to:


I. Am. Obsessed. I had no idea how exciting it would be for me to learn how to sew. I carry around a note pad with me now and jot down ideas for things I would like to make, and the list is about 27 miles long . . . but I still have a 9 to 5, so finding the time has been nuts. Twice this week I stayed up past midnight (which is just plain crazy for a person who needs at least 9 hours of sleep), but I couldn't start until the most high maintenance child in the world went to sleep. I actually did not make the cute little snail applique (I bought it at Bumbletees www.bumbletees.com), but I bought matching fabric and did make the rest -- they were so much fun to do. So maybe I sewed the front of the pants and back of the pants together on my first try and if you turn the bloomers inside out they look like a big ole hot mess, but I am learning.

Okay, so enough about me. Last week we had the joy of hanging out with my brother's children at the zoo. We don't get to see them too often, so it is always so much fun to have these sweet kiddos around. Mimi is crazy about them!


Mimi and Lainee-Luckett sang E-I-E-I-O all during lunch! Luckett is such a pretty little girl, but she loves throwing a football and wearing a jersey (with a bow, of course).


When you gonna eat that pickle?

Okay, okay, so I know my child is a blog outfit repeater . . . hopefully my new hobby will help correct that problem!

3 comments:

googe said...

my girlfriend.... u r th BOMB...love your writing, but love your take on life more.....you have GOT IT...and i hope i live long enough to watch u w/ ur 4, or 6....
XOXOXOXO

Amy S. Norris said...

told you it would get addicting.... :)

also, lou is SUCH a blog repeat-outfit offender. but, mostly bc she insists on dressing herself these days (i just let her roll with it unless we have to go somewhere that it matters) and the way she picks out her outfits is by going through the laundry hamper. gross. but yesterday she wore this little dress for....drumroll, the 5th day in a row. yikes.

B said...

i'm so impressed with your sewing skills!!! mimi is going to look too cute in those precious outfits!