Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So much to blog about . . .

I have been chastened by my other momma Ann about my lack of blogging, and I have no excuses now since I am stuck in a hotel in Paducah, KY, with no 18-month-old needing attention or husband needing me to help him pick out the perfect belt on-line (sorry, Honey).

So much has happened since the last blog, so I'll start at the beginning with the funnest (yes, I did write "funnest") Christmas ever! First of all, we had to teach Mimi the whole concept of Santa Claus and presents, and she seemed to take it all very well. She loved to yell "HEY" in Jingle Bells and say "HO HO HO" in a deep voice. Most importantly it was fun to teach her about baby Jesus and the manger. I think the idea was a stretch for her 18-month-old brain, but she seemed to like pointing out the baby, the star, and all the animals in her books.

Traditionally we go to Clint's parents' house on Christmas Eve to eat and open presents. Mimi got some great presents and had a fantastic time with her cousins Olivia and JR.

Christmas morning was the most fun when Mimi realized she got even more presents. Her mouth dropped open when she spotted her blocks and baby dolls, and she couldn't believe that she still had more to open (surprisingly she was very patient with daddy opening her boxes).


Next we were off to my sister Amy's house in Nashville for more family togetherness. Mimi has started to love giving group hugs (especially to her Poppaw and Bebe).

She loves to hop on my dad's stomach, and he doesn't seem to mind!

The highlight of her present-opening was her gi-normous kitchen! It now sits in the middle of our den and is the first thing she runs to every morning . . . and the last thing we have to pull her away from screaming when it is time for bed!
And there is so much more, but American Idol is on so I have to take a break. Just a little teaser for later . . . I have a surprise!

1 comment:

Kyle and Matt Still said...

FINALLY. A new post. I've been dying for you to get rid of the gobble, gobble post. Love the Christmas pictures! So excited about sushi tonight!