Monday, June 22, 2009

What makes my heart smile

Tonight I needed some therapy. The past few weeks have been hectic -- I was at a sales meeting for a week, Clint's birthday, Father's day, vet appointments, pediatric appointments, etc., etc. -- and the stress of being pulled in different directions has finally caught up with me. Clint is in Chicago this week, so I'm at home with Mimi, Spike and Ruthie with lots of time to breathe and reflect.

I made myself put down laundry to pour through the over 300 photos Lauren took of Mimi in May, and my breath has been taken away. They capture single moments in her little life that won't ever be the same again -- it has already been over a month since these photos have been taken and she's already grown and changed inside and out. This has been great therapy for me. Here are some that really capture Mimi:






3 comments:

The McCafferty's said...

Mimi is adorable. I can't wait for her and Ruthie to meet. I have a feeling they will make great Grove buddies.

The Marion Family blog said...

Beautiful Mimi!! so sweet!

Kyle and Matt Still said...

you are so right...i think we so easily wish things away for an "easier" or "better" time and what we end up doing is missing the beauty of the present. mimi is such a wonderful reminder to appreciate each moment for what it is.